Studio Terms & Conditions
“The COMPANY” means [•REC] by Alan Photo (Company no:36899700J). The COMPANY’s premises are at CT HUB 2, 114 Lavender Street #01-36 Singapore 338729. “The Hirer” means the person(s) hiring the equipment from the COMPANY. This includes all persons acting on behalf of or under the instructions of the hirer.
By engaging to rent [•REC] by Alan Photo’s photography studio, you the undersigned (herein referred to as the “Hirer”), hereby state that you have read, fully understand and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- Booking/Payment Terms:
- – Studio time is inclusive of setup, test shoot, makeup and wrap up time. Hirer is to hand over the studio in the original condition at the end of the session.
- – Extension of booking session is subjected to availability.
- – Start time is based on booking slot, not the time of hirer’s arrival.
- – To confirm booking, 50% deposit (non-refundable) is required.
- – Submission of hirer’s details and acceptance of our rental terms and conditions are required for your booking.
- – Full payment applies even if the booking session ends earlier than the booked time.
- – Please note that hirer’s booking is not confirmed until we have received hirer’s deposit. The balance of the rental fee and any other additional payments must be paid before the start of the rental.
- – Hirer will be charged extra hours in accordance with published rates. Extended bookings are subject to studio availability and any prior scheduled commitments.
- – A booking is considered CONFIRMED only upon receipt of Hirer’s deposit. The required deposit is 50% of the rental charges but does not include any un-anticipated expenses or equipment rental fees.
- – Cancellation will result in forfeiture of hirer’s deposit. Alternatively, hirer can use the deposit for another booking session not later than 14 days of the first rental date. Such postponement is subjected to availability and can only be done twice for the same deposit within the 14 days from the first rental date. All deposits will be forfeited after 14 days.
- – The hirer shall ensure persons with the necessary experience and familiarity with that type of equipment use all equipment in a skilful and proper manner.
- – The hirer must take all reasonable precautions for the safety and security of the equipment and protect it from all climatic and atmospheric conditions.
- – Hirer is responsible for all repairs to and/or replacement of any portion of the studio and/or the studio equipment damaged during the use of the rental studio or the equipment (including the acts whether negligent or not, of any person) from time the equipment is signed out till the equipment is signed as returned. This includes CYC and damage to the floor or CYC from water or other substances. These charges will include materials, labour and loss of revenue resulting from down time.
- – Hirer agrees to check with the studio manager for a list of acceptable materials, fog materials, etc. prior to the rental. The studio manager’s approval is required before using any such materials. Studio manager’s approval of any such materials shall not relieve hirer of liability for any damage as a result of the use of the material.
- – The hirer shall return the equipment to the company by the expiry of the hire period in good working order and condition, and shall inform the company of any damage or defect arising during the hiring or any incident that occurred during the hiring likely to cause such defect or damage.
- – When using the studio strobes, do not shoot at burst mode. Replacement of the strobes and other equipment will be at the prevailing prices.
- Indemnity and Insurance:
- – Hirer shall indemnify and hold the studio not responsible for any liability, loss, cost, expenses or damages to any person arising from the use of the studio, equipment, props or services, substances, procedures and/or operation in or about the studio in relation to the use of the studio
- – Hirer shall maintain, at hirer’s expense, worker’s compensation insurance and public liability and property damage insurance, insuring against all liability of hirer for the use of the studio and the equipment.
- – Hirer must keep all studios and support areas cleaned, the rubbish picked up, return all equipment to its proper area and return areas of the studio to their condition at the beginning of each rental day. All areas used for food preparation, storage and consumption shall be cleaned thoroughly and all garbage removed by hirer.
- Visual and/or audio recordings:
- – The studio may take visual and/or audio recordings of hirer and participants during the booking sessions and reserve the right to use these for promotional, management or educative purposes (in Singapore or overseas). Participants’ individual consent for this will be assumed to have been granted unless otherwise indicated by Hirer, in writing or by email, prior to the start of the booking.
- – The studio is built for photography and video use only. Although the studio allows video recording to be done, the studio is not suitable for high quality audio recording, as it is not built to eliminate external ambient noise generated by the surrounding environment. Hirer is advised to evaluate the suitability of the studio for audio recording before making a booking.